In September, EUROIMMMUN will again be present at several national and international congresses and exhibitions with exciting scientific reports and own booths.
You can meet us in Stuttgart on the 45th Congress of the German Society for Rheumatology from September 6th to 9th. The congress shall provide the opportunity for exchange between rheumatology and adjacent medical fields. Thus, according to the organizers, the focus will be on diseases which require a high degree of interdisciplinary research, such as systemic vasculitis and inflammatory autoimmune and infectious diseases. Correspondingly, EUROIMMUN will present products and novelties in the field of ANA and ANCA diagnostics as well as infectious serology at its booth (#2A45).
At the end of September, from the 27th to the 30th, the 13th Symposium on Autoantibodies will take place in Dresden (EUROIMMUN booth #2). Here, EUROIMMUN is going to present its latest developments in automated microscopy as well as the diagnostics of autoimmune myopathies within the course of an own seminar.
Seven internationally well-respected experts will give talks on the topic “Autoimmune diagnostics using ultrafast IFT microscopy combined with ultimate monospecific detection procedures”, among them:
- Dr. Jan Damoiseaux, immunologist and Assistant Professor at the Maastricht University Medical Center, Netherlands and expert for antibody diagnostics of autoimmune diseases; he is an active member of the College of Medical Immunologists (CMI), the European Autoantibody Standardisation Initiative (EASI), and the International Consensus on ANA Patterns (ICAP) working party.
- Dr. Vincent Ricchiuti, clinical chemist and immunologist, joined LabCorp as Laboratory Director and Discipline Director in 2015; LabCorp operates one of the worldwide largest laboratory networks.
- Dr. Anke Rietvald from the lab of Prof. Ger Pruijn at Radboud University Medical Center, Netherlands; the subject of her doctoral thesis was the association of anti-cN-1A antibodies with the clinical features of inclusion body myositis.
- Dr. Ruben Smeets, clinical chemist and immunologist at Radboud University Medical Center, Netherlands; his research is focused on the identification of novel biomarkers for the diagnosis of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic sclerosis.
Moreover, specialists from EUROIMMUN will introduce the novel EUROPattern microscope which is now able to automatically take a focused fluorescence image within only one second.
Besides these two large events, EUROIMMUN will also attend the following congresses:
- Congress of IUSTI-Europe on sexually transmitted infections, August 31th – September 2nd in Helsinki, Finland (booth #18/19); EUROIMMUN has developed a microarray for STI diagnostics which allows the testing of a patient sample for 11 pathogens relevant for sexually transmitted diseases within one analysis; the EUROArray STI-11 has been launched at the beginning of this year.
- international congress on nephrology, September 8th-9th, in Minsk, Belarus; Dr. Juliane Brock will give a presentation on autoantibody diagnostics in primary membranous nephropathy, keywords: PLA2R and THSD7A
- Congress of the European Society for Clinical Virology, September 13th-16th at the Lago Maggiore, Italy (booth #23)
- International Symposium on Tick-borne Pathogens and Diseases, September 24th-26th, Vienna, Austria